Islamic Society of Greater Salt Lake is pleased to confirm that Ramadan begins tonight, April 12, 2021. This is based on credible reports of moonsighting in San Diego.
InshaaAllah, the first Taraweeh will begin tonight, April 12, 2021, after Isha.
Isha will be at 10:00 PM.
Fasting will begin tomorrow, April 13th.
- Our detailed moonsighting criteria (with sources): http://apps.utahmuslims.com/
- Masks must be properly worn at ALL times! No exceptions!
- Masks should cover nose and mouth at all times.
- Attendees must bring their own prayer rugs.
- Attendees must be completely asymptomatic.
- Attendees must come with wudu / ablution. Wudu / Ablution area is only for emergencies.
- These rules apply to all activities at all Islamic Society of Greater Salt Lake facilities.
- All other rules are available on our sign up pages linked below.
Hosting Ramadan Iftars
- For those who have signed up for hosting Iftars at Khadeeja and Al-Noor masjid, please follow the following guidelines:
- Iftars must be served in boxes (no exceptions).
- There should be two boxes, one for Iftar and another for dinner.
- Iftars should be arranged for at least 50 individuals. Individual counts may vary based on the outcome from the first few Iftars.
- Catering should ONLY be done via Islamic Society of Greater Salt Lake (not directly via restaurants). This is to ensure proper safety measures are taken and meals are delivered on-time. ISGSL will be working with approved restaurants directly. If interested in catering, please email [email protected] with your cell phone number and we will contact you.
- For catering, $500 should be paid to Islamic Society either in person or using our easy to pay General Funds option on http://www.UtahMuslims.com (please add comments to specify this is for Iftars).
- Home-cooked meals are acceptable. Masjid kitchens can be used for meal boxing. Please clean and sanitize after each use.
- Iftar Sponsorship sign-up (Khadeeja Masjid):
- Iftar Sponsorship sign-up (Al-Noor Masjid):
Attending Ramadan Iftars
- Iftars are ONLY for students, travelers, reverts (new Muslims), and anyone who may not have other options available. All others, kindly enjoy your Iftars at home. With Covid numbers still around 500 a day, we can not risk large social events.
- Iftars MUST be eaten outside. No food or drink is allowed inside the mosques.
- Unfortunately, there will be no Community Iftar event this Ramadan.
- Attending Iftar sign-up at Al-Noor Masjid:
- Attending Iftar sign-up at Khadeeja Masjid:
- Taraweeh prayers can ONLY be attended if the waiver below is signed. Please ensure that you read the waiver. Attendees must be symptomatic, must wear masks (properly), and bring their own prayer rugs.
- Children are NOT allowed at this time in the Masajid AND/OR on the basketball court, due to the pandemic.
- Taraweeh Signup and waiver – Khadeeja Masjid
- Taraweeh Signup and waiver – Al-Noor Masjid
- Friday prayers can ONLY be attended if the waiver below is signed. Please ensure that you read the waiver. Attendees must be symptomatic, must wear masks (properly), and bring their own prayer rugs.
- Jumah (Friday) prayer signup is shared on our Whatsapp group weekly (on Thursdays). To join our Whatsapp group, please click: https://chat.whatsapp.com/
- Both mosques are open for five times daily prayers.
- Iqama Times will be updated soon on http://www.UtahMuslims.com for both Masajid. For details on downloading the Iqama Times app, please visit http://www.UtahMuslims.com.
- Please click here to download Ramadan Calendar: http://www.UtahMuslims.com/wp-
Weekly Tafseer and Ramadan programming
- For all online programmings and live transmissions by our Imam Yasir, please visit: https://www.youtube.com/c/
Updates / Communications
- Whatsapp group, please click here to join: https://chat.whatsapp.com/EgJ4TxcMwBMJG9ReKxzCep
- Email list, please click here to join: https://utahmuslims.us11.list-
manage.com/subscribe?u= 32f34697d59187b7f0fef389d&id= 970dade248
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/
- Website: http://www.UtahMuslims.com
- SMS: To join, please text SALAM to 8018454240.
- Please go to http://www.UtahMuslims.com to use our easy-to-use payment method (for one-time and recurring payments).